Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hiccups?

I don't like to hiccup, and I don't, very often. But here is my tried and true way of stopping my hiccups!
  1. Hold my breath, as long as I can, twice in a row. (Even if I hiccup while holding my breath...I keep holding). This seems to stop them pretty well for me.

Here are some other recommended ways! :)

  1. Eat a tablespoon of Peanut Butter
  2. Sip some lemon juice
  3. Dip your face in a sink of ice water

For more useful ideas....check out Works For Me Wednesday!

For more info on hiccuping, check here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny that you posted this today. A guy in our office has had them for 2 days straight. We have searched and tried every method with him. He finally went to the doctor.
I laughed when I saw your topic!

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

I'll vouch for the peanut butter. It cures hiccups fast and works every time!

Abbi said...

I vote for the peanut butter too!
We (not Ken but the rest of us) think it works very well. It also is a good excuse to eat a spoonful of peanut butter. Around here when one person has the hiccups everyone gets a spoonful of peanut butter. (Though again, Ken abstains).

Traci said...

I have also heard that if you try and touch each of your "pointer" finger tips as close together as you can without touching for about a minute this will also work! (Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't) I hate to hiccup so much that I will try anything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails