Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Works For Me...

This is my new recipe book......I love it.
I have many different recipe cards, print-outs, hand scribbles etc that had piled up in my cupboard for a long time. Finally I decided to do something about it. I went through them all, throwing away the ones I no longer would use or never would use, keeping my favorites and some new ones. I used a 3 ring binder, some scrap paper, and some clear plastic page protectors. I taped the recipes to the scrap paper, both sides, and inserted it in the plastic page protector. Voila!
I also did some cutting and pasting to maked more recipes fit on one page.

In the back of the book, I put my weekly and bi-weekly menus. That way, I can look back and see what we've eaten recently, and what we liked or didn't like (I make a note of that on the menu). It also gives me ideas of suppers when I draw a blank. Works for Me! For more handy ideas, go see this blog!

4 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

Good Job!
I love this organization tip.

Robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

vicvic said...

That's great! I recently did this, but just hole-punched the pages. I have too many for one binder, too! I really like the menu idea in the back!

ttelroc said...

Thanks for showing us your personal recipe book - I always love a visual for a great idea.

Have A Great Day!
Kristin

Angie said...

I might have to try this. The three ring binder is so smart cause it can stay OPEN better then a cook book. Plus the plastic things over it protect it when cooking. I have gotten really adventurous and have been creating my own inventions with no recipes, knowing my family is so picky...I use ingrediants they love and mix them up a bit in casseroles. I am looking forward to trying some new things. I hope to do some new things soon. Get sick of the same ol' same ol'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails