Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday Night Lessons 101

Zaccheus
Text: Luke 19:1-10
1. Welcome
For this lesson, I decorated the room as if it were a Bible time house. I used a cloth door, a table cloth, a foot washing basin, a water pitcher, and a tray of food on the table. I dressed up as Zaccheus. When the kids came down, I talked to them as my guests and welcomed them into my home.
I washed their feet and invited them to some water and food. Explaining as I went, why I did such (Bible customs etc).
2. Story
I told them and acted out for them, the story of Zaccheus. I told them how mean I was and stingy with money (by taking things from the kids like shoes, toys, things out of pockets, hair clips etc). I was very gruff with them. Then, I climbed up in the window and told them about seeing Jesus and how he changed my life. (Gave everything back to them, talked about friendship).
3. Craft
I had made small cloth bags for each kid.
We made coin rubbings and glued them to cardboard circles for their very own coins and coin bag.
In each bag, I also had a chocolate gold coin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails