- Stickers. You can get stickers almost anywhere. Some are more expensive than others, so watch out. Some places I like are Hallmark, Dollar Tree, or CBD.
- Crayons. Take a crayon and draw a picture on the outside of the envelope.
- Borders. Draw, print, or stamp a border along the side or back of the envelope.
- Creative Name. You don't always have to put the formal name of someone. The post office looks at the address part to get where to mail it. You can therefore mail it to, "The Birthday Girl," "The New Mom," "Jumbo," "The World Traveller" or some such thing. You can write it in crayon, colored pen, caligraphy, arched, balloon letters, you choose!
- Return Address. This can be put on the back of the envelope, down the side as a border, or the more traditional upper left hand corner. You can hand write it or you can purchess neat reaturn address stickers too.
Things to remember:
- Always keep the addresses legible!
- Don't cover up the addresses or stamp with your artwork/stickers/etc.
- Use ink that is dark enough to read