Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday morning I woke up to a bad smell in the hallway. At first I thought it was the garbage, but we had just taken it out. So then I thought it was the can itself, but it was clean. I thought perhaps it was coming from the apartment next to us, but that didn't seem plausable either. I set out an air freshener and hoped it would go away while I made breakfast.
It didn't.
So then, I played "Investigator." I started in the kitchen, sniffing my way toward the smell. It led me into the hallway (which I had already known but ah well) and then close to the bathroom. "Ah ha," I thought, "it's here! But much to my chagrin, as I moved into the bathroom doorway the smell grew fainter. Turning around mystified, I stood in the hall, wondering if there was possibly something in the wall. I had ruled out the laundry room before, seeing as how it was just a pile of ironing to do and a waste basket filled with lint. But now as I stood in the doorway between the bathroom and the laundry room, it seemed my only choice. Much to my surprise, the smell grew stronger as I walked into the room! Puzzled, I wandered past the irnoning basket, past the wastebasket and then stopped embarrasedly in front of the washing machine. Slowly opening up the lid, I knew what I would find.....yup, there it was.....the wet smelly laundry that I had forgotten since yesterday morning to throw in the dryer! Whew, it smelled mighty musty! So, I set it on another wash cycle, determined not to make the same mistake again, I stayed around until it finished and quickly tossed it in the dryer before heading out to work.
Now I'm just hoping I remember to take it out of the dryer before next laundry day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails