Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm loosing Touch

I'm slowly realizing something about communication. It's something that ebbs and flows in different mediums, at least throughout my life it has.

Have you found this to be true: Email is getting less popular or effective?

The more I talk to people, the more I find they actually prefer talking face-to-face or phone-to-phone, than an email.

And Facebook is my nemesis.

I am not on Facebook. I have had pleanty of opportunities and well-meaning friends who have tried their best to convince me to join. But I'm not sure that you really want to know what color of pants I'm wearing today. Or how I'm feeling this hour (when it will be left up there for 4 hours even though my mood will change). Or that you want to see my lack of current pictures. I'm not sure that this influx of information will bring us any closer than a phone call, an email, a letter, or a visit will. And I'm not sure that I want to share that with the world.

Please understand, it's nothing personal. Yes, I definitely miss the ease of staying in touch that I lack, not being on facebook. But personally, I don't think being absent from that community is really what is hindering that. It's more my personality and laziness.

Believe me, I think of you quite often, but just never take the time to go the next step. It's something I want to work on. It's alot easier for me to blog or write a letter or email, than make phone calls or visits, but it's something that I've been thinking alot about this week, and Lord willing, will be growing from.

1 comment:

Martha said...

:) I enjoy facebook but I also end up wasting a lot of time on it too. so it's probably a good idea to not get it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails