I can't believe HOW MUCH FUN it's been studying for our Wednesday night kid's class!!! I recently told you about the book I read about Oceans, and I have another stack at home of fascinating books!
This week we were supposed to teach about Kangaroos, so I got to do the research....and here are some irresistable facts about Kangaroos:
- There are 45 species of kangaroos, varying in size from 12 inches to 6 feet tall
- They can travel up to 70mph
- They cannot move backwards
- They cannot move their hind legs independently (walking motion) except when swimming
- Some species live in trees
- Males are called bucks, females, does, and babies, joeys
- Kangaroos are herbivores
- Most are nocturnal
- Some species take up to 9 months to leave the mother’s pouch
I've been able to upload our black and white lesson plans to the church website now, if you'd like to take a look and/or use them.