Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Breakfast

I found this great website the other day while browsing for "breakfast ideas." I get kind of tired of poached eggs, so I was looking for some variety. (Neither of us is overly fond of pancakes either) But this site was thoroughly enjoyable!

Check it out here: What's Cooking America/Breakfast

I scribbled down some new ideas, and then Googled "breakfast ideas" to see how to "make it look nice!" It was fun.

This morning I made an effort to cook a healthier and bigger breakfast....that will see us past 10 o'clock in the morning! :) I made:
  • Egg, Tomato, & Mushroom Omelette
  • Wheat toast
  • Strawberry smoothies

Everything was a bit of a rush this morning, but I did manage to cut my toast into triangles....since I believe that makes them "fancy" and fun. Of course, one of these days I'll be able to manage my time so that I can actually butter or put jam on the toast too!....... ha

By far the biggest success this morning was the smoothie. Delicious! I will write out the simple instructions below. I've made smoothies before, but the last one wasn't so tasty.....I added orange juice, bananas, and no sugar....and it was pretty much a flop. But here, here is the keeper:

Berry Smoothies

Ingredients:

  • 5-6 strawberries (fresh or frozen....mine happened to be fresh - though old)
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar

Blend it all up in a blender or food processor. Pour into cups and enjoy! (Can be adjusted for taste by using different berries and/or amounts of sugar) Also, remember to wash out the blender right away or you'll have a tough time later.... :)

More breakfasts to try in the future:

  • Baked Eggs & Mushrooms in Ham Crisps (This will be great with the Sara Lee meat coupon floating around out there!)
  • Eggs baked in Tomato Sauce
  • Eggs Benedict & Fruit
  • Poached Egg and Tomato on Potato Pancake
  • Harvest Cinnamon Rolls
  • Banana Almond Bread
  • Mini Blueberry Turnovers
  • Breakfast Tacos
  • German Pancakes
  • Casserole Florentine
  • Virginia Ham Tarts (The best thing about these last two are they are Make-The-Night-Before kinds of recipes)

1 comment:

Keren Ruth said...

It is kinda easy to get stuck with the same breakfasts. looks like some fun Ideas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails