Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On keeping plants.....


I bought these beautiful Poinsettias around Christmas time on a great price.
They brought cheer to our dark wintry house for months.

Now the months are over, yet they still hang around, waiting for a touch from their owner.

I'm surprised they haven't died yet....since I forgot to water them for 2 weeks straight.
You see, I had this "brilliant" idea to keep them all winter (alive that is) and then plant them outside in the summer. I heard they would keep growing, and you could "harvest" them again in the fall.

While that seemed like a good idea at the time, as they face neglect and dis-interest from myself, I wonder why I thought I'd have the stamina to watch over them all winter!

I'm beginning to convince myself that it's better for me to just get new ones next Christmas. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails