Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Haven't Done Much

This year I haven't done much in the way of anything seasonal. This morning I particularly felt like I've just let the holiday "come what may."

  • Part of that is I just didn't plan ahead.
  • Part of that is situational right now.

But today, I felt a little dissapointed that I haven't done more to change my "whatever" attitude. I had done a little decorating, but not as much as years before (and that too was minimal) but that also means minimal clean up :)

This year I just put my snowflakes on my mirror instead of hanging them up....no chair climbing for me at that point. Plus, my beautiful Poinsettias that I picked out are looking worse-for-the-wear, which I guess is really normal for my houseplants, but still, they should've done better! :)

Once again this year I neglected to get my act together and do my version of the Jesse Tree. But, I read over my notes and added some more stories and details, so each year I am more prepared for the year I actually DO it! ha


But, this morning, I felt like I should really do a couple small things in my house to at least add some flavor to my day!

  • I hung up a couple more decorations.
  • I made some fudge.
  • I wrote out some cards and got them in the mail.
  • And I dug out my nice Christmas CD.

There is freshly fallen snow out my window, and I think today looks like a nice day to go for a walk and then take a cozy nap!

May you also be enjoying the season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails