Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A New Arrival

We have a new addition to our household. No, it's not the January edition, that's still coming. This one is smaller and tidier.

Ta-da:

Yes, we have a landline now! :)

After doing some calculating and lots of discussion and research, we decided it would work out great for us to get a landline.

Call it sentiment. Call it nostalgia. But I'm really enjoying it!

I like having an answering machine that I can stand and push a button and listen to a message....nothing glued to my ear.

I like hearing it ring throughout the house.

I like the caller ID.

I like answering it.

I like having a larger phone to hold in my hand.

Call me crazy, but if I was able to find an old hook-and-line phone I probably would have got it.....the old fashioned ones with the heavy handset and click-clack dialer. But, the cordless is really much more practical at this point, so we stuck with that!

So if I sound particularly chipper when I answer your phone call, you now know why. If I don't, well, chalk that up to lack of sleep! :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

I like a land line as well!

Tracy said...

So do you want a phone call now? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails