Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day!!!

Today, November 7th, is National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day! So, what shall we do to celebrate? My suggestion, is make a lovely pan of warm, chocolate brownies with almonds & ice cream..... :)


Recently, I've been trying to learn about healthy cholesterol cooking. (I know, I know, what does that have to do with brownies and ice cream?! ...not much!)
Here is a list of foods that are recommended for high cholesterol levels...


  • almonds
  • walnuts
  • fish (esp trout and salmon)
  • apples (fruit in general)
  • flax seed
  • and obviously, less fatty foods

In an attempt at healthier cooking, I have modified my grochery list to include some brans and seeds, more fruits and vegetables, and less meats. I've also checked out a few interesting books from the library, including my favorite, "Meals for Good Health" by Karen Graham. I love the simplicity of the meal plans, and the pictures that are included! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails