Sunday, November 4, 2007

Memorizing

Here are 3 good reasons to memorize that I found the other day...

1. The Bible tells me so
Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

2. It is helpful
2 Timothy 3:16,17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Psalm 19:7,8 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

3. It is God's words to me
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Now, I just need to be consistent!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! I just started doing memory work with the girls. it is so fun to help them learn, and it reminds me to do it to! I like your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails