Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Book

I orderded this book from our public library, and have really enjoyed it so far (even though I'm only in chapter 2!). I think the author has done a good job of writing godly advice and encouragement. Here are some of the things I've taken home so far:
  • Children aren't perfect....but neither am I. (Live with grace)
  • We model God to children....how they see us, is how they see God.
  • The best advice about discipline is in the Bible....but I should apply it to myself first before expect children to heed. (For example, Attitude: Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.)
  • Teaching kids is alot like making bread....there is time for mixing in praise and discipline and lots of hard work....but then there is a season of waiting and praying...(for the yeast to work). A season where you wait and pray, and see if your instruction has sunk in and if it will reap fruit.
  • Obedience comes if our heart is in the right place...John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command." We don't want to obey our of fear, pride, or habit, but out of love.

1 comment:

In The Potter's Hands said...

I think I need to find this book! Sounds like great advice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails