I was browsing blogs and sites for service ideas in preparation for our coming Winter Retreat.
Alot of sites have the same thing, just in case you were wondering.
But, I did come across some that sounded crazy and fun, and got me thinking about my neighborhood :)
- A Bicycle Rodeo to help children learn bicycle safety (! I've never seen a bicycle rodeo, but it sure sounds creative!)
- Couduct a clothing repair or sewing workshop
- Read a book to a younger kid or elderly person
- Conduct an Easter Egg hunt (hmmmm....a park across the street....local kids....very workable!)
- Create a poison awareness campaign
- Organize a "get acquainted" lunch with neighbors
- Prepare a whole home cooked meal for the residents of a nearby homeless shelter
- Bake a batch of cookies to share
- Set up reading hour, where you visit a homeless shelter once a month, read aloud, and then leave the books behind
These ideas were from the 4H club in Lancaster