Thursday, April 30, 2009

Growing Plants

I'm really enjoying growing some indoor plants! About the second week of March, I threw some seeds into some dirt and hoped for the best. A week later I had long, gangly sprouts waving from a top my dryer....I was so proud! My sister came up that week, and took one look at my plants, and said mater-of-factly "You need to get those plants some more sunshine!" So I took off the "greenhouse" lid, and a bunch of little gnats flew out. "Uh oh, you've got root gnats," (or something like that). I was sure my plants would keel over and die!

But look!

They're still alive! And growing nicely. I've had to transplant them once already, and it looks like I might have to again before it's warm enough to put them outside.

I have mostly tomatoes. (I didn't realize how many seeds I put in that little old siz pack container!) They all sprouted and I had to move them out of that little pot. I think I have 10 tomato plants right now....ha ha.
I also have some parsely and some larkspur growing.

And I have a nice little table set up in our porch with all sorts of pots and containers and seeds, just waiting for me to have some quiet time to set them in. I have yet to plant my basil, some poppies and morning glories, and some lettuce.
Although I'm not much for garening success (as far as last year anyway), I'm already dreaming up big things for our little yard this year!
I'm really enjoying the little plants on my windowsill right now. Every morning I get up and have my devotion time there in the sun, and I stare and stare at these plants, and it reminds me everyday of how God makes things grow.....not only plants, but me as well. And it reminds me to pray for new wisdom and understanding and patience in my own life. It's pretty neat to have my very own object lesson in front of me every day!
I hope they don't die.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails