I love this book, "A Life that Says Welcome" by Karen Ehman. It has alot of ideas I'd like to incorporate in our home eventually.
One of those ideas is that art of Saying Goodbye:
"The final moments of a visit can come too quickly and be filled with mixed emotions.....No matter what time they leave, don't let guests go empty-handed. Give everyone a special token as a reminder of their stay. There is excitement for the time spent together and sadness that it is coming to an end."
Some ideas include:
- A box of chocolate and a "thanks for visiting" card
- A local treat (fresh picked blueberries)
- Maple syrup
- Jar of homemade jam
- Loaf of homemade bread
- A framed picture of something you did while here
- A recipe card
- Small trinket
- Busy work for little hands....sewing cards, picture books, crayons
- Fresh filled water bottles & some cheese & crackers
- Picnic Lunch
- Hot cinnamon rolls