Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Respect Lesson - Wednesday Night 101

Tonight, our lesson was again about having an attitude of Christ. We are studying what the Bible has to say about respect. Here is the class outline:
  1. Storytime. Read George and Martha story book, about respecting others. Show the flower chart and introduce Respect in the middle.
  2. Read Bible verses about respect. Have them "hunt" for large pictures on the wall that have something to do with the verse I read.
  3. Create flow charts.
  4. Snack.
  5. Close with prayer and clean up.
Here is the detailed nitty-gritty:

1. I read this book from the library which had a good story about respecting others.





I used this chart for our word Respect. I read one verse at a time, and let them get up and run around the classroom to find the picture they chose to represent that verse.



  • Leviticus 19:3 "Each of you must show respect for your mother and father."


  • Leviticus 19:32 "Show your fear of God by standing up in teh presence of elderly people and showing respect for the aged. I am the Lord."


  • Proverbs 13:13 "He who scorns instruction will pay for it, but he who respects a command is rewarded."


  • Proverbs 11:16 "A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth. " (used this for sharing principle/kindness)


  • 1 Thessalonians 4:11,12 "This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business and owkring with your hands, just as we commanded you before. As a result, people who are not Christians will respect the way you live"


  • 1 Thessalonians 5:12 "Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders/teachers in the Lord's work. They work hard among you and warn you against all that is wrong."


Next I read this book about polite words to use, and how they show respect. They ate jello while I read them the story.


Finally, we closed with prayer and a quick clean up of the classroom. The were eager to help with this because I said we could re-read the George and Martha story when we were done.


I had a lot more planned for the night, but I always do. Thankfully, God blessed the lesson and we had a good time. Some of the new things I am learning, I am trying to incorporate: like the fact that we all are different learners....visual, audio, etc. I tend to teach the way I learn, so I'm trying to expand that to better teach all styles. That is why the logic charts last week and this....that is not my strong point, but I'm practicing using it. Same with the reading stories....crafts is a hands on learner....and acting out will be good for someone else.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails