Fall apples are in season (well, practically out of season now), and it was wonderful! This year, a couple friends has extra apples, so we got some. :) I decided to try something new, and make Apple Chips out of them.
Tada! A success! I think they are a quite delicious snack! Here is how I made them:
- Borrow my mom's dehydrator
- Wash, quarter and core about 7 apples
- Use my handy-dandy food proceessor to zip through slicing them. (took about 3-5 minutes! ha!)
- Lay them on the dehydrator racks and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over top
- Dehydrate about 4 hours or overnight (depending on how many apple slices I fit in)
- Store in an airtight bag and EAT!
I highly recommend this to any one who likes apples! :)