Friday, October 30, 2009

Food notes

Hmmm, here are some musings. In my quest for simpler meal preparation (I tend to over book my meal prep, so if I have some simple steps, that's good), I have checked out a large stack of "Make it ahead" type cookbooks. (AND, I read them all of course). I also have been browsing ideas online, of freezer meals and food tips and of course some yummy-looking-recipes-that-are-way-too-time-comsuming just for fun! :)

But back to my concise point, here are two things I've liked so far:
1) Freezing garlic. Remember all those 99cent bags of produce I keep looking for? Well, last week I found one full of growing garlic. So, instead of letting it go to waste in my fridge, I used my (handy-dandy) food processor and minced it all up. Then, I spooned it into my ice cube trays to freeze it in Tbl portions, ready to just pop out and use! (Needless to say, don't be asking for ice cubes at my house for a while!)

2) Mini muffins. This was a fun one. I made mini corn-meal muffins, bite size portions really, ready to just unthaw and serve with warm honey with a meal or as a snack. I'm not sure why, but I think the bite-size thing is a whole lot of fun, verses regular size muffins. Go figure?! But it works for me!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails