Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Indian Breakfast

I was wanting to try making this Indian breakfast for a long time, but had convinced myself that it takes too long to do on a weekeday....but then I always forgot about it on the weekends. So finally, I determined that I should just try....and see how long it really does take!

Palapam


This is a mixture that sits overnight:
  • 2 cups rice flour
  • 1 tsp yeast
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Paste (made with one tsp rice flour with boiling water)
  • 2+ cups water to make a loose mixture

In the morning, you mix 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 egg white, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp salt in to the mixture. You ladel a spoonful into a dipped pan, and cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. (I struggled with getting it brown).

You eat is with chicken curry. But....I didn't have any chicken curry....so we ate it with vegetable stew.

It was okay for a beginner try...but I need to work on it a little bit more! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails