Friday, March 4, 2011

Cooking when Company Comes

So, I had a bunch of freezer meals ready for when our baby arrived. They were really handy and I was glad we had them!

We had some left still, this last week, and I found another great use for them! We had unexpected company over for lunch, and I was so glad when I looked in our freezer! Usually, I just eat letovers from the previous supper for lunch, but there wasn't enough for all of us and I started to panic. I opened the freezer door, and there I saw a nice couple hotdishes just waiting for use. Of course! I just popped one into the stove for a half hour and lunch was ready!

So, my tip to you today on When Company Comes, is set aside some hotdishes or dry soup mixes to have on hand for a quick meal. That way, when guests do stop by, you will have no qualms about asking them to stay for lunch.

Some good meals we've had success with from the freezer:
  • Chicken Broccoli Crescent Bake
  • Turkey Wild Rice Casserole
  • Tossed Lasagna
  • Pot Pie (Vegetable or Meat)
  • Pea Soup
Do you have any company ideas or great freezer meals? Leave us a link!

 


1 comment:

Mrs. Mike said...

How about a hearty beef stew? or chicken enchiladas have been a favorite freezer meal. Add a piece of buttered bread and a tossed salad and you're complete!

When called upon to excercise the gift of hospitality, I'm so glad you were ready! Feels good to feed the hungry- Body and soul, huh? Breaking bread is such a bond of affection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails