I checked out a stack of about 10 gardening books from the library last month, and just now am getting around to reading them. A couple of the new ones are great reads, and have inspired me to try gardening again this year.
Above, I have started a few seeds with the help of my neighbor girl. I have more to start at a later time.
Here are some things I hope to do this garden season:
- Make a "Pizza Garden" (full of pizza ingredients)
- Make a "Moonlight Garden" (at my Mom's house for my little cousins...this garden would be flowers and such that bloom in full moonlight)
- Fertilize and airate our backyard plot
- Add some black dirt
- Make 3 container gardens, two for our front yard, one for back
- Make some miniture gardens in old gloves
- Make a cold frame?
- Make a trellis for peas of some sort
- Use recycled stuff for my garden containers etc.
- Grow a cuke in a jar