Friday, October 17, 2008

Accomplishment

My my....yesterday I felt so accomplished! I was hungry for some homemade, fresh, hot-out-of-the-oven cookies, so I "whipped some up" in about 15 minutes (not counting baking time) But that's not exactly why I feel accomplished.....it's the fact that I was out of certain ingredients, and made do, and they still turned out! Ah! Nice! (Forget the fact that we ate Indian version of Ramen Noodles for supper....and had no side dishes....I guess all my creativity went to the cookies instead *ahem*)



Because I am still basking in the success of my recipe, I will attempt to repeat it for you (I do not have the recipe nearby):



Snickerdoodles As Modified By Emily



  • 1/2 cup shortening

  • 1/2 cup white sugar

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 egg

  • 2 Tablespoons milk

  • 2 1/2 cups flour (was it 2 or 1??? hmmm)



Mix. Roll into balls and roll balls in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Eat hot...with milk preferably!



Snickerdoodles As Originally Copied



  • 1/2 cup butter

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

  • 1 egg

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 2 1/2 cups flour (2 or 1?? here we go again)



Mix. Roll into balls and roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.

1 comment:

Keren Ruth said...

Emily! I am not sure I feel safe using your recipe :) (2 or 1?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails