- 3 cups cauliflower florets (medium pieces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste or red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 Tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 green (spring) oinon, green top only, thinly sliced
Bring a large saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil. Add the vegetables (broccoli and cauiliflower) and return to a boil. Cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Drain the vegeatbles and then plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the oyster sauce, water and chili paste. Set aside.
In a large, heavy non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Don't let the garlic brown. Add the carrot and saute for 1 minute. Add the reserved vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower) and stir until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the oyster sauce mixture and toss until the sauce is evenly distributed and the mixture is heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with the green onion. Serve immediately.
- I didn't have much cauliflower, so I used the little bit of that, some broccoli, and some green pepper instead
- I cooked up some rice to serve it over
- I garnished it with the green onions and also some almond slices....VERY good
- I didn't have ginger root, so used powder instead