Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday Night Lessons - God is All-Knowing

I forgot to post this lesson outline last week, so here it is now.

God is All-Knowing (Psalm 139)

For this lesson, we used Psalm 139 as our "story." We simply went verse by verse and did activities along those lines. We first read through the whole chapter in the NIV version, and then read it through in the Message Version.

Vs. 1 O Lord, You have searched me and You know me.
  • We made "interview" sheets for each kid. We had them pair off and interview each other, finding out interesting things about the other person (like birthdays, families, favorite foods etc)
  • We talked about how now we now more about each other, but God knows everything about us. What we like and what we don't like. What we do and what we don't do.

Vs. 2 & 3 You know when I sit and when I rise. You percieve my thoughts from afar. You know my goings out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways.

  • We played a guessing game for this. One person was "it," the rest sat in chairs in a circle. The it person took a good look at us all, then went out of the room for a count of 10. Meanwhile, everyone changes places/positions. When the it person came back in, they had to guess what was different.
  • We talked about how God knows what we do when we do it. He is familiar with all our ways.

Vs. 4 Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord.

  • We looked at a blank piece of paper (on which I had pre-written, in invisible ink, God is All-Knowing). We then made the message appear (or tried at least....it didn't work).
  • We talked about how God knows what we are going to say before we even say it.

We ate snack, and ended with prayer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails