Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I Can Do...

A rainy morning.

A cloudy sky.

A messy house.

This morning, I must say, I have the "blahs" the "blues" or whatever you'd like to call it. I look around at my house and just feel un-motivated. I see all that I cannot do...
  • I cannot keep the laundry ironed
  • I cannot keep up with the dishes in the sink
  • I cannot think up new and creative meals to make on short notice
  • I cannot interior decorate
  • I cannot keep the plants watered
  • I cannot keep the living room un-cluttered
  • I cannot spend as much time reading in the morning as I'd like
  • I cannot teach as would be best
  • I cannot love others unselfishly

Every time I get things cleaned up, it just happens again it seems. I cannot keep up.

But, as I sit here and think of all I cannot do....and how discouraging it is sometimes....I think that perhaps I should focus on something more positive.

Maybe I cannot keep the house perfect like I would like, maybe I cannot do all the things I think I should in a certain time frame....but there is Someone who can do all things and more. Here are some things He can do...

  • God can make the sun rise every morning
  • God can make the sea calm from a storm
  • God can create the mountains and the seas
  • God can make the angels sing
  • God can create the whole world in 6 days
  • God can save 3 men from fire
  • God can drown a whole army of soldiers in a moment
  • God can hear and answer all the prayers of every person praying around the world at the same time
  • God can see the big picture
  • God can make the eagle soar
  • God can know the laws of the universe and regulate them
  • God can shout at a cloud and make it rain
  • God can name every single star, and remember it's name
  • God can love me, even when I'm not perfect

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails