A cloudy sky.
A messy house.
This morning, I must say, I have the "blahs" the "blues" or whatever you'd like to call it. I look around at my house and just feel un-motivated. I see all that I cannot do...
- I cannot keep the laundry ironed
- I cannot keep up with the dishes in the sink
- I cannot think up new and creative meals to make on short notice
- I cannot interior decorate
- I cannot keep the plants watered
- I cannot keep the living room un-cluttered
- I cannot spend as much time reading in the morning as I'd like
- I cannot teach as would be best
- I cannot love others unselfishly
Every time I get things cleaned up, it just happens again it seems. I cannot keep up.
But, as I sit here and think of all I cannot do....and how discouraging it is sometimes....I think that perhaps I should focus on something more positive.
Maybe I cannot keep the house perfect like I would like, maybe I cannot do all the things I think I should in a certain time frame....but there is Someone who can do all things and more. Here are some things He can do...
- God can make the sun rise every morning
- God can make the sea calm from a storm
- God can create the mountains and the seas
- God can make the angels sing
- God can create the whole world in 6 days
- God can save 3 men from fire
- God can drown a whole army of soldiers in a moment
- God can hear and answer all the prayers of every person praying around the world at the same time
- God can see the big picture
- God can make the eagle soar
- God can know the laws of the universe and regulate them
- God can shout at a cloud and make it rain
- God can name every single star, and remember it's name
- God can love me, even when I'm not perfect
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."