Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grandma's Funeral


We went down to the cities last weekend to visit with family and attend Grandma's funeral.


While, that's not a nice reason to have to go down, it was nice to catch up with everyone before we left on our trip. We cried. We laughed. We smiled. We played.


(This is Sami)


It still hasn't sunk in, I think, that Grandma is gone. The hardest part is when I think of Grandpa....I'd be so lonely.



They asked me to play piano at the funeral. I wasn't sure how that would go....but I made it through just fine. I chose some of my favorite music box songs, because Grandma loved music boxes.


Monday was the actual burial. The cemetary was huge. We had a small service for just the family. It was nice.

Then we said our goodbyes and headed off for the airport! What a crazy weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails