Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This is the Fish Market

We went to another market on Sunday. This one was a meat market. The open markets have been fun to see.



This one was pretty busy. As you walk by the booths, the vendors holler out to you in your language, trying to get you to buy their wares...obviously they knew I spoke english...so I was Madam. Mathew's mom was Auntie...and his dad and him were Sir. The vendors are able to tell which state you are from in India, and speak in your language. (There are 2000 different dialects...30 states)

This market sold fish and seafood and goat and chickens. We bought some fresh/live crabs and had an asian crab curry for supper.

4 comments:

Abbi said...

That is very interesting. I did get to see a little of that kind of stuff when I went to the Dominican Republic.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

looks smelly!That is really interesting about all the different dialects and the vendor speaks in your particular dialect! Crazy, they ought to pick one, if I were a vendor I think I would protest! haha
It looks nice and warm over there!

Katie said...

looks smelly!That is really interesting about all the different dialects and the vendor speaks in your particular dialect! Crazy, they ought to pick one, if I were a vendor I think I would protest! haha
It looks nice and warm over there!

Martha said...

Are you Okay?! thinking about you lots and lots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails