Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happenings Around Here

Well, I think we've caught up on sleep since our trip...and the suitcases are unpacked and most of the laundry done. There are still some spots in the house that need clean up, but it's the kind of stuff that I can work on slowly.
****
Mom and Dad surprised us with Christmas lights in our dining room. I'm a big fan of Christmas lights....I think it has alot to do with long winter nights and dark, cold mornings, as well as lots of memories as a kid. So, I get up early and turn them on, make us a couple cups of tea, and we go through our morning routine in a nice cozy Christmas-lit way.
****
Other December news....though I'm assuming this is old news thanks to Facebook....is my brother's engagement! You'll have to go to his blog and see the video story. :) We're looking forward to their visit soon! I have my head buzzing with all sorts of things to remember and plan before the week is up...but I'm afraid quite a bit of it will get lost before I'm done! ha
****
This year I did a little winter decoration in my house....nothing fancy...but nice and simple yet festive enough for us. I'll try and get some good pictures later.
****
This weekend we had a nice big snowstorm...13 inches or so....it was great. I really don't mind coming back to snow. The only thing I that I can tell is different, is the amount of sunlight here vs. India that we got at this season. I think it's a bit hard for my body to adjust still to the lack of sunshine...but I'm trying to make up for it by going outside in the afternoons alot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails