Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Try and Try Again


Here is my attempt an another Indian meal:
Chicken Mapas and Green Pepper Toran with Chapatis.

The "Chicken" Mapas was really good, although I didn't have chicken on hand and used some frozen pork instead! And the Chapaits were nice and soft too. The only not so good part was the Toran, or salad. All torans use coconut as the main ingredient, and then varied other veggies for different tastes. Since we didn't have fresh coconut, I thought I'd try the frozen stuff we had. I knew it was sweetend, but didn't know how much! I thought maybe the curry powder and salt would cover up the sugar....but it didn't work. It was more like a dessert than a vegetable side! So....now I know! :)

Here is the Chicken recipe though (I couldn't get it to copy the recipe, so you'll have to click on the link)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails