Thursday, January 8, 2009

Walnuts & Almonds

I went to Walgreens for milk....and I found these wonderful goodies in the Christmas clearance section. I am very happy, since I like these in cookies, on salads, in fried rice, and in trail mix. I got 8 bags for about 40 cents each! Yipee! My first trial of these was some Almond Cookies last night from my Taste of Home cookie book. Here is a similar recipe if you'd like to try it....they were good and fast!

Chinese Almond Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
Almonds for top
1 egg white + 1/2 tsp water

Heat the oven to 325. Beat the sugar and butter together. Add the egg and extract. Mix well. Dump in dry ingredients and mix. Roll into 1 inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork, and press an almond in the top. Brush each cookie with the egg white mixture, and bake for 8-12 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails