I had mentioned earlier my interest in doing a Candy Cane party with my leftover candy canes from Christmas. Now, this is not a post about what I have done....it's just, I thought I'd share my ideas...what I'm considering, and maybe you'll find it interesting or helpful and get to it long before I will!
So....here goes nothing....
Originally (since I like candy canes) I wanted to do a red and white themed party where we eat candy canes, and candy cane related items, and play some games, and have a devotion about who Jesus is(using the candy cane as an object lesson).
The Candy Cane:
- Is the letter J, and reminds us of the name of Jesus
- Is in the shape of a shepherds staff, and reminds us that Jesus is our good shepherd
- Is red, like our sins
- Is white, like our purity once Jesus forgives us
Whiter Than Snow party (for a kids party)
- God's grace and love makes us whiter than snow!
- Tell the greatest story of all... the story of Jesus' birth, his death, and his resurrection
- Make snowflakes
- Eat candy canes---red and white
- Play some outdoor games in the snow
- Eat red and white foods, and snowflake shaped foods
- God is the one who makes us fresh and clean!
- Eat red and white foods
- Have red and white decorations
- Read the story of God's love for us
- Play some sort of peppermint smelling game
- Make peppermint flavored foods/recipe gifts for those to take home/give to others
- Dictionary Definition/History of the Candy Cane
- Snopes.com Candy Cane History
- Candy Cane symbolism
- Candy Cane Legend
- Sweet Recipes using the Candy Cane
- All sorts of Candy Cane baking recipes
- Leftover Candy Cane ideas
- All sorts of Candy Cane crafts and decorations
- Candy Cane teaching ideas for kids
- Mouse Craft idea with candy canes