Friday, September 12, 2008

Laughter

I was reading yesterday that it is healthy for everyone to have 10-20 minutes of good, belly-aching laughter a day. It expands the lungs and helps your heart.

Yesterday I guess I already started applying what I learned. The only problem was my timing.

M. and I were in the middle of a serious discussion last night. He was telling me something of a very important nature, something of weight and substance....and I laughed.

I'm not sure what struck me as funny....I agreed totally on what we were talking about, but something set me off, and I started to laugh. I caught myself quick, and tried straightening my face.

"Sorry Mathew, that wasn't the appropiate response."

And then I laughed at that too!

Thankfully, I have a very understanding husband who likes laughter and those who laugh. So, he just played along and made me giggle about everything else.

I'm hoping today will be just as fun. I'm on the lookout for things to laugh about, and ways to not take myself quite so seriously. :)

Here's hoping that you have a laughter filled day too!
~Emily

1 comment:

Martha said...

:)
You just helped my heart and lungs!
Isn't it nice when our husbands are so understanding!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails