Last night we went to visit Ula. We made a yummy soup and potatoe dish for supper, and ate lemon cake for dessert.
We also went out to clean her outhouse, getting ready for this Friday.
While we were cleaning, we heard a cat start meowing and meowing. It took us a while to find it, but when we finally looked up, it was on top the shed!
It was quite a talkative little guy, and by the time we got him down, he was purring and purring.
We both liked him alot, and he seemed to like us too! We fed him a little leftovers, but by the time we were ready to go home, he was gone. Hopefully he's okay.
While we were there, Ula gave me this nice list of things to do with kids:
- Home made paint --- 1 t. water, 1 t. dishwashing soap, 1/2 t. coloring
- Finger Paint - 2 T. salt, 2 1/2 cups cold water. Stir and add to 2 c. boiling water. Beat until smooth and thick...add coloring and stir.
- Dolls from spools - Use amrkers to make faces. Glue on yarn for hair and fabric scraps for clothes.
- Hide a timer and have kids look for it.
- Have them close their eyes - then guess sounds, blow a whistle, drop a spoon, jingle spoons or coins, clap hands.
- Find five things blue, yellow, red etc
- Line up chairs for a "bus ride"
- Mystery bag - guess what is in it
- Table cloth - put on hand prints and scripture verses
- For small children - tear pieces of colored paper to stick on a vase or card board for a picture
- Learn to braid from a door knob
- Wire coat hanger - tie strips of different strips of colored fabrics