Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Tad on the Grumpy Side

This last week I really was struggling with grumpiness. Not sure why, but my, everyday it was hard to not be negative. I kept exhausting myself with thinking, and list making, and reprimending myself, and snapping at people. I really didn't feel like blogging or talking to people either. And then I got mad at myself for being mad....and round and round I went.

M. brought home these flowers that were extremely pretty in the sunshine. One evening I just opened up our porch and set these there and kept stopping to look at them and smile.

Even though I had a weird week, we did do a lot of fun things. Saturday morning I went with a group to glean potatoes. 3 of my international friends and I rode together....we played car games and visited while the hour went by. We played "How many words" (pick a letter, and then go around the car each saying a word that starts with that letter until you can't think of any more), "Little known facts" (state 4 things about yourself, one being false, and have the others guess which one it is. When it came to be my turn, I accidentally stated 4 things...all of which were true.....no wonder they couldn't guess huh! We had a good laugh about that), and "I'm thinking of a thing"

See the big potatoe field!
We didn't realize how long it would take to drive to the field, so had to leave earlier than others to be back by the time we had originally set up. I should've stopped for gas on our way, but didn't want to get lost, so by the time we were ready to leave I was almost on empty. Then we took a wrong turn and my gas light started blinking. Thankfully, we didn't have to go far till we got to a little town with a gas station and bathroom where we could stop. The gas attendant even offered the field by his house to pick more potatoes....but we had enough by then. We got turned around after that and got home by 2:30. I crashed for a nap after I got the potatoes unloaded and slept for 2 hours.

What big potatoes you have!

Sunday morning I wasn't feeling so good, but managed to get up and get going. Sunday afternoon we had our family over for lunch (tater-tot hotdish) and then all headed over to my parent's to help re-shingle. Since my sister and brother-in-law were up, and a couple friends came over from church, Dad had lots of help. I'm not so good with heights, so I took pictures and walked the dog and did some errands.

Up on the rooftop

I also had a fun time with my sister laughing and telling stories. She also had stopped and picked up some Sunday papers which we cut up all the coupons in for her, me, and mom. I got lots of sunshine and laughs that day but ate too much chocolate! :)

crazy sister

After singspiration night at church, we went home and pretty much went straight to bed. We had hoped to play some games with the family since they were up, but were worn out. It turned out to be a good thing.

Monday morning I woke up sick. Poor Mathew. I got up and made breakfast and saw him off to work and then called in sick. I slept until 12:30, got up and ate some bread, and then zonked out again till 4pm. I must've really needed that sleep because I felt sooooo much better after that. It was so nice to be home too....after I got up, I got the laundry done (and folded!), the dishes washed, some bread made, and even re-arranged the living room. M. was so nice....he stopped and got some ginger-ale and crackers and soup and we cuddled up on the couch eating soup and watching a movie while the bread baked. We went to bed early then, and today we were up and ready to go. I hope he doesn't get sick though, cause he didn't get the rest I did.

Mom's delicious potatoe bread

New living room...nice and cozy for fall

1 comment:

Abbi said...

I am sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you are all better now!


Related Posts with Thumbnails