Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fun Shoes

There are certain days that you just need a cheerful reminder. The reminder I like is noisy shoes. :) Not squeky ones, or flip-flop ones, but nice, solid, Clip-Clopping ones. The kind I can walk up and down stairs with a clop clop and the kind that will snap crisply across a bare floor. These sounds make me smile. I remember my very favorite place to walk in these shoes was in the tunnel at school....nice and echoing and it was a long tunnel too, so I had pleanty of enjoyment. On days I knew would be tiring, I would wear my brown pair of shoes and just take a deliberate walk down that hallway. It always made me smile....and you know once you smile, it's hard to stay blue.

During the day, I like to find small things that remind me to smile and be joyful. Sometimes it's my shoes. Sometimes it's a cartoon I have on my wall. Sometimes it's noticing the softly falling snow. Sometimes it's taking a slow walk outside. Sometimes it's finding just the right song to play on the piano. These things remind me that...

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

1 comment:

Keren Ruth said...

I like those shoes. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails