Monday, February 18, 2008

Let Your Light Shine

If candles had feelings, what would they say?
I don't feel like burning, I don't want to today.
My wick is too long
I'm covered in spots
I sit in a bowl, filled with small rocks
I stand in a corner
I'm fat or I'm thin
There's too much to do, I don't know where to begin.
The room is too big;
The room is too small;
I make people sneeze, they don't like me at all.
No matter the pain or excuse that they give
It all makes a difference as to how they will live.
Each one has a talent, equally good
And all have one purpose: to give light like they should.


Matthew 5:16
Therefore, let your light shine before all men so that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute poem and a good reminder!
Abbi

Martha said...

OH, I like it!

thank you for the reminder.

Betsy said...

Great poem! Did you write it?

Emily said...

Yes, I found this in my misc paper "file" of things I wrote in school. :) It was a good reminder for me to!

Angie said...

Wow Emily that is great. Do you mind if I use it at church for a reading on fifth sunday? I lvoe that it is special.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails