Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sick Days

Well.....it's been a long time since I've caught up on blogging. We had a wonderful week last week and then came down with a pretty bad cold/flu that knocked us off our feet for 2 days. Although being sick is never fun, there is lots I am thankful for in these past two days!
One of the neat blessings from us both being sick, was we had some extra time to spend together. Tuesday morning we got up late, had a warm breakfast, and then sat in the living room in the sun and read our Bibles. It's been a while since we've had the time to visit after our morning devotions, and so after reading, we had a wonderful time talking about the things we read or were thinking about recently.
I read the first chapter of Colossians that day. I really enjoy reading that book, and it has a lot for me to apply and think about. My favorite verse that day was Colossians 1:21-23:
21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.
I thought about all I try and do as a Christian, and how I get down sometimes because of the same mistakes I make over and over. It was encouraging to read verse 22- that I am free of even accusation because of Christ. Also, all He asks of me is to continue to grow in my faith in Him.....with that faith growing, I will know more of His will and what He wants me to do every day. He also wants me to hold on to hope - the hope of what is to come.
I also like the verses in Colossians 1:9-12
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
I thought this was an excellent example of how I can pray for friends and family!
So, I hope your week has been encouraging too! I will try and post-date some posts on what happened last week!
Take care,
Emily

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails