Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Works for Me

It's Works for Me Wednesday! And I actually have something to post about this week!! ha ha
Last night it was cold.....very cold. This week has again been below zero with windchills not counted. *sigh*

One of the things that we've been making do with, is our bedroom window. Our bedroom is on an outside wall, so it's cold anyway, but the window has been particularly drafty. So, to make it work, I hung a large, thick quilt behind the curtain, over the window. I used tacks to tack it to the wall on the outside of the frame. It has worked fine for a couple months now. But I happened to have one of those plastic window kits in my cupboard and just never took the time to put it up. Silly me. So, last night my hubby and I fianlly decided to just do it! It works great. Just a little tape around the edges and that plastic to keep the drafts out.
Here is another item that has worked for me just grand. I do not own a funnel. I don't know why....I just forget I don't have one until I'm in desperate need to pour some used oil back into a jug etc and after I have made a big mess on my kitchen counter! So, in one of these desperate times, I scrounged around for something handy. Above is what I found.....juice containers! We had a bottle of juice in the fridge that was the perfect size for a funnel. The top is smaller than most other jugs I have so it is a perfect fit. Knowing this, I've kept my eye open for other such perfect bottles and now have TWO funnels! Oh, the luxury!!!

3 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

Great idea!!
I love your blog. I will have to come back and read more.
You have been tagged for the "What’s On Your Refrigerator?" meme. It is a Meme and a contest! I'll be giving away two free books. Read all about it at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

Martha said...

hey, about the funnel. thats the kind I always end up using too for the very same reason.:) but, don't try to use them for boiling fluids, the funnel melts. or at least the high quality soda bottle funnel I had did. :)ta ta

Abbi said...

I am jealous of your two funnels! (Ha Ha) I only have one normal one. That is a great idea though. I guess I can make some more of my own.
The plastic on the window is a good idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails