All-American Mini Apple PieIngredients:
- 2 medium tart baking apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust (1/2 box) (this is what makes the recipe 5 ingredients or less, but to tell you the truth, it's better with your own homemade crust)
- Preheat oven to 425. Peel, core, and chop apples into 1/4 inch pieces. In medium bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon, tossing gently. Set aside.
- Open and unroll pie crust flat onto work surface. using 4 inche wide bowl or cup, cut out five circles, reserving scraps. Press each circle inside 5 spaces of a muffin tin.
- Evenly divide apple mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Cut reserved dough scraps into strips 1/4 inch wide. Top each pie with strips. Fill remaining empty muffin cup 1/4 way up with water.
- Bake until bubbling, about 18 minutes. Let pies cool in muffin tin, then remove.